EXAM
FEVER
EXAM-
The short form of Examination.
The dictionary
meaning of this word is ‘test of knowledge or ability’. Knowledge and Ability.
WOW! Such wonderful words to be used na. Well I feel this exam (or examination,
whatever you call it) is not less than a Horror movie’s title. Going for an
exam in like going for a horror movie and sitting in the ‘EXAM HALL’ for 3 long
hours which seems like the longest and never ending hours of life…! Those hours
are the most crucial, depressing, annoying, horrifying, sleepy and even at
times funny hours of life.
For preparing
for those few hours, we give our so many precious hours of life which can be utilized
in like so many much more better and productive ways you see…! But still we
have to spend that much of time so that at least in those horrifying few hours
we keep ourselves busy in writing at least something. (That something consists
of writhing Roll no., exam name, centre name, date, signing on answer sheet and
question paper, etc.) Hush! If I sit and count of those horrifying hours of my
life, I’ll surely go in depression. Because during those hours only ‘Great’
students like me can understand what mental trauma we go with. And yes! Still we
are surviving (BRAVO!!!).
I’ve
always loved to be the back bencher in the class. But my ‘good luck’ was so
wonderful that because of my height ( I know, a very touchy topic for me…!!! :P
) I was always made to sit in the first row or at the max second. And all my
lectures were ruined (I’m serious okay!). That good luck was carried to the ‘Horror
movie hall’ too. My roll number being last, I always was getting the front
bench to sit (what crap…!).
Time spent
was always wonderful till only ‘answer sheets’ were there in our hands. The moment
question papers entered the scene; heart rate reached its maximum without any
aerobic training!!! (Lol! I love Cardio!!). Eyes never wanted to be open to see the
questions, but kya kare, ‘ Insaan ki aankhen tabhi band hoti hai jab wo sota
hai…ya phir humeshaa ke liye sota hai…!!!’ (Filmy …very filmy) Eyes once open,
either stay open in surprise (2 options- all questions known; which is very
rare or most of the questions unknown, or like shayad pata hai). You know I so
wanted to have a photo during that time and I hate the notices like
‘Photography Prohibited’!
Then
time comes when we look at the scholars (so called) of the class and what we
see is that they are turning pages…! Arey not of question papers, of answer sheets
because they’ve already done that much of writing! And then we get the BOOST (Boost
is the secret of my energy!!!) and start writing. But you know what; people
like us are very thoughtful people. We think so much before writing. Not because
we’ve to select what to write, but because we’ve to actually think and retrieve
what to write… (He he he!) Scholars keep on writing and writing and writing….and
we, keep on thinking and thinking and thinking…!!!! This is the time when even
a lay person in the ‘Horror movie hall’ can identify that who’s actually a
scholar and who ‘seems to be’ a scholar (like us!). Because most of the ‘seem
to be scholar’ are good at extra curricular activities like sharpening pencil,
changing pen, turning question paper, adjusting desk and benches, looking at
the watch, drinking water and the best is staring at the wall…lol! (I know I
should not write about passing supplements and peeping at others papers as it
does not fall into my principles!)
The best
way to kill time there is to write in the answer paper because when you
actually know everything, the time flows like wind. But that ‘so rare’
phenomenon happens with us only when the last hour of the time starts. Somehow it
suddenly happens that we are able to recall all the answers in the last hour
when it is almost impossible to write all of it. The thinking process and even
the writing speed, it becomes like faster than Chacha chaudhari (Chacha
Chaudhari ka dimag computer se bhi tez hai!!!).
And finally
warning bell rings!!! And a loud voice strikes our ear ‘ tie your supplements’,’
scratch the unused pages’,’ check your names, roll numbers…bla bla bla….’ !!! I
feel like AREY KOI DYNAPLAST LEKAR AAO RE!!! Great minds when at work should
not be disturbed!!! But no! Howzzat possible, they will actually come to us and
ask ten times, ‘ check kiya kya?’ (Arey yaar baksh do…abhi toh likhna shuru
kiya hai, abhi kya check karu???). And the count down begins….10, 9, 8, 7,….and
suddenly…STOP WRITING!!!!
The thought
process still continues in our heads…Really…? That’s it…? But I’m still not
done…. Same story again…? But ma’am we got the papers 10 minutes late so how
can we give it now…? Ma’am please just 2 min more (jaise aur time milta toh world
top kar lete…!!!)
When we
look around the ‘Horror movie hall’, mixed expression faces are more then happy
faces. Because most of them don’t know how was their paper? Then the dialogues
like this are heard, “ yaar questions to bahut easy the par answers bahut tough!”
Lol! Few ‘Girls’ starts crying,” mera 2 mark ka wrong ho gaya!” Crap! I feel
like hitting them on faces….Arey hum garibon ko dekho yaar, we’re always so
satisfied. Someone comes to me and asks me (Big mistake u see…!!!) “Wango,
paper kaisa gaya…???” my best answer is, “woh mein kya batau yaar… who to
result hi batayega na…” he he he….I know…that’s me….!!! I’m always happy that finally it’s done!
But guys
keeping jokes apart, this is the thing which almost every time happens to most
of us in the ‘Exam hall’. But still we do not try to make it in a right way. May
be we intentionally do it to face the same ‘Thrill’ of exam again. Most of us survive
these cyclones, few of us don’t…. but still they stand. I’ll say that they
stand perfectly because they know what is falling down…
Great men
say, ‘Failure is the path towards success…’ that does not mean all of us should
take it. But failure makes the sweet fruit of success sweeter…which all of us
want to taste…..every time…!!!
So guys…study
well and do not sleep or do extra curricular activities during the exams….even I’ll
try to avoid those….;)
Chalo abhi
BACK TO STUDIES janeka…!!!
All
the best to all my exam going friends (wish me too!!!) and those who are not,
keep praying for us…!!!
Keep
chilling!!!
(Note:
This blog was written during my study leave when I was getting bore studying in
library…believe me…it happens …he he he!!!)
nice.. reminds me tat i ve my exams comin up in a yrs tym..boo hoo...
ReplyDeletealso since i was t most talkative guy in our class, i was made to sit on t first bench too...
nicely written... though i would ve liked to see more paras and more spaces in between ur text..else it gets confusing for ur eyes..k.. edit t post before u post it..k..
and yes u cus use a few pics from google too.. it ll look catchy!
keep writin.. as u keep talkin non stop 4eva...!!
sure sir i'll do that...i thought of pics but its already long...thought will be more lengthy coz of that...anyways will keep in mind for next 1....:)))))))) thank u....:)
Delete